Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Dog Days


Just no good baseball news today, I guess. All three of the rags I skim daily have nothing interesting to say. Oh, there's the usual story about how the Cubs suck when they play in St. Loser. Paul Sullivan tries pot stirring with a column comparing the moves of Hendry vs. Kenny Williams. Booorrrrring. Mariotti tries to be above the fray by reminding everyone that 1 game leads in the AL Central and 1/2 game trailers in the NL Central are not guarantees of anything. Thanks for the flash, Gordon. If I were a SABR guy I suppose I could come up with some stat that would be interesting, but I'm not so I won't. I'm reading Moneyball right now. I could chat on that, but I'm only half way through it (note: great chapter name - "Giambi's Hole").

So, I'll just note that in the rest of the world, we ("we" used properly here, not relating to a baseball team) lose a soldier in Iraq every 32 hours, the budget deficit if going to be close to $1 trillion over the next two years, Palestinians continue their civil war by killing religous (read: non fighting) Jews in buses, 14 more Taliban have been joyfully dispatched to the ether, 46 tourists and jewelry shoppers were sent to their final rewards as Bombay lives up to its name, I observed Mars' sourth pole through my telescope yesterday evening, and summer is almost over with the Cubs clinging to a winning record.

Can someone tell me what this all adds up to be?

Chuck

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]