Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Win... Then Clean House


Had an amazing tought this AM as I sat in traffic. The thought was of how few of the Cubs current starters I hoped would return next year. Amazingly, I came up with one. The other 7 slots, I'd love to see upgrades.

Catcher Damian Miller has been disappointing. Perhaps he could stay, but I'd be happier with an upgrade.

At first, out with Simon and Karros. Let Choi play.

At second, bye bye Grudz, Hello Jose Vidro or Luis Castillo.

On to short. Hello Tejada, adios AGonz and your sub-Mendoza-since- the- break BA.

Third? Ramirez will do. I'd prefer Corey Koskie, but that won't be until 2005.

In left, I'd dump Alou and, hell, even let Kelton play as his cheap salary vs. Alou would allow the Cubs to get Vidro and Tejada.

Center belongs to the overrated Patterson and his cheap salary and potential. I'd take Lofton as a backup. Or even let Patterson play left and keep Lofton in center with Alou gone to Tampa.

And, it's time for Sammy to move on. Get Vlad the Impaler to replace him in both position, cost and output.

I hope this team wins. Then they all get out of town.

Chuck

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]