Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Point


Barry Rozner's column today focuses on Father's Day. He talks about several families and how they cope with loss on that day. One of the families profiled involves an old friend of mine. It was a nice tribute to him and his family. And it also shows what's really important.

Last night, my oldest (he turns 5 in late September) and my wife and I were watching the ninth inning of the Cubs game. I had just explained to him why each half of an inning is called the "top" and "bottom." The mind of the 4 year old jumped tracks and asked what I wanted for Father's Day. Now, I'm not a gift guy. I make most of the money in the household so any gift I get means I just bought myself something. What I told him I wanted was a card with his and his brother's hand prints on it for my desk at work. The Wife loved that idea.

People always joke about why people keep pictures of their families on their desks. "What? Are you gonna forget what they look like? Ha ha ha!" The reason is to remind you why you are sitting pounding the phone and scouring financial statements. The two red headed boys behind me are the reason.

Make sure you have your reasons in mind this Sunday.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]