Friday, July 02, 2004

The Wiz


More in Barry's column today? Thanks for the mention, Roz. But I wrote that a week ago. And the way you printed it lacks the context of WHY I wrote it.

The seats I sat in yesterday were 4 rows off the visitors' batting circle. So close I could see the sleep rings under Gene Lamont's eyes. When Carlos Beltran launched his second dinger, all I could say to him when he went back to the dugout was, "You shoulda been a Cub!"

Big Zamboni needs to return to form today. The bullpen is still taxed, despite Mark Prior's good outing yesterday. And with the Sox capable offense (somewhat muted by the lack of a DH) followed by a trip to the Miller Park Bandbox, a nice 8 full innings is what the doctor ordered.

One final note on yesterday's game: How many runs did the Cubs score yesterday and what was their median runs per game?

Up the offense, Hendry.

USS Intrepid


This site should hit 10,000 hits today. Thanks to all three of you for visiting 2,000 times each and my home computer for racking up the other 3,999 hits. And also great thanks to the reader who visited from Desipio yesterday. If I can inspire you to rest soundly and achieve regularity, the purpose of this exercise in futility will be complete.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]