Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Blog Army Promotions


Joe Aiello, Squad Leader over at The View from the Bleachers, is running his "Best of the Cubs Blog Army" competition once again. Last year, Ivy Chat managed to rate as a finalist. That’s pretty impressive as the only votes I got were mine and my mother’s. This year, Joe has decided to only rank 8 members of the Army. Ivy Chat was chosen as one of the few, one of the proud. The others are:

And Another Thing
The Cubdom
Cub Fan Nation
Cubs Now
Cubs Pundit
The Northside Lounge
The Rooftop Report

Regular visits to all of those are made from me, although I am ashamed to admit I’ve never made a link on this page to The Cubdom (soon to be rectified).

Al Yellon’s "And Another Thing" is probably the best written blog. It’s a true diary of his experiences. I admit to skimming a lot of the personal stuff on his page (I still have no idea what the tomato thing was all about) and getting right to his opinions on the state of the team.

Mike Comar’s Cubs’ Pundit page is now vastly improved without that annoying pop-up box. We’ve just got to get this poor little GOPer to understand finances a little better and he’ll be fine. Yes, a Republican who doesn’t understand how finance works. I guess we now know why he’s a Bush supporter – common ground.

Northside Lounge is run by guys with whom I participate on the Eskimo.com listserve. Also a well written page.

I used to be a Rooftop Regular, but his updates are few and far between. I’m not there as often. Were he to publish, I’d be back. Often.

Cub Fan Nation – Defunct now, isn’t it? I think this is a permanent Goat Rider.

Brian Hipp’s Cubs Now is also a GOP site. But we agree on just about everything else. Well, other than what to do with 3 pitching prospects you will never be able to use.

Regardless, here’s the voting link. Voting starts Saturday, if you aren't too hungover.

Oh, and show some man love for the Sloth. He’s dirty, he’s vile, he like’s ‘em young and waify. He’s also a friend and he’s a great read.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]