Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The End


Well, whaddaya know? I finally got a legitimate response to my repeated inquiries to CubsTalk / InsideTheIvy. I'll skip most of the letter, suffice to I was accused of having the motivation of libeling their product. I guess when one enterprise starts a free service in competition with a pay-for-access service and the pay-for-access company responds asking if the individuals who make decisions are, "a little nervous," is consider libel by some. I report, you decide.

But here's the bottom line. I did violate, in a strict interpretation of their rules, the terms of service by posting their e-mail on another site. While this would never hold up in court, I can hardly claim that I have been "harmed" by being denied access. As I wrote to their staff, I’m sure my cross-posting would be considered "fair use," like when a comedy show uses a commercial message as part of a parody. However, I agree that I violated the terms of service in the strictest interpretation. If that is the reason my access was banned, I am forced to agree. I thanked them for their delayed response.

This story is now over. Going forward, all we have to do is laugh when they suggest that campaigning for open jobs is smear politics.

And know the best information is free.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]