Saturday, December 11, 2004

Legal Wranglings


As some of you may be aware, there is a lawsuit brewing over trade name infringement between this site and another. After consulting with an attorney, it seems I may have a case for actual cash damages. Damages for both infringement and defamation. I may just go for it. I figure, hey, if others can squeeze cash out some poor corporate saps, then why not me?

What would be even more fun is exposing this other site for doing things that I’ve been accused of doing: Posting copies of copywritten material. And while my copies were copies of commercial advertisements, thiers were copies of pay-per-access articles and chats from competing sports web sites -- clearly copywright infringment. Attorneys love to be able to present a pattern of abuse. Even if I were to fail in winning any damages, just getting a cease and desist order against these hypocrisy laden, humorless individuals might be worth the time.

And as the lawyers are working on a contingency basis, there’s no cost to me.

Once again, stay tuned.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]