Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Répondez S'il Vous Plaît


I got a response from someone at InsideTheIvy. It's signed, "Steve," so I think it's from Steve Holley who runs the site for Scout.com. Here's his response (my original message is below):
To stop receiving e-mails regarding promotional events and advertisements, visit your Member Profile by going here:

(Secure link deleted)

Uncheck the boxes marked "Please email me with breaking news from 'Chicago - InsideTheIvy.com'" and "I am willing to receive select offers endorsed by Scout.com"

-Steve

And my response to his response:

That doesn't answer my question. I know how to stop the solicitations. I want to know why I was banned. And I want to know why, if I am banned, I am still a decent prospect for your solicitations.

Chuck Gitles

Sure, this is a petty thing. Why am I pursuing this? Well, I make decisions about investing in businesses each day. A lot of what I learn about a company before I make a decision is how they handle their customers.

This company doesn't understand how to handle customers.

This is now becoming a case study in terrible customer service. And it's really, really fun exposing stupidity. Especially in corporations that think they are hollier-than-thou.

Stay tuned....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]