Thursday, January 06, 2005

Radio Daze


The Sun Times' Robert Feder gives us a rundown of whom is likely to take over ESPN 1000's Nine-to-Noon shift. The candidates are:

Mark Malone
Bruce Wolf
Dan Jiggetts
Carmen DeFalco
Marc Silverman
Sean Salisbury
Tom Keegan
Steve Rosenbloom, and...
The Dyspeptic Duo of Dave Kaplan and Tom Waddle

Of the names on this list, I'd go with names I've mentioned before: Bruce Wolf, but I'd pair him with Garry Meier to try to create the sports version of Roe and Garry. If Garry wouldn't take the job, Wolf and either Malone or Salisbury would work.

Please, I know they try hard, but no more DeFalco and Silverman. These guys are less capable of leading a top market radio show than I am capable of appearing in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

I don't even know Tom Keegan, so I can't comment there.

Dan Jiggets? Puh-lease. Recycled, rehashed and just plain bad. He's Leno-esque in that he laughs at everything he says. That way, you are sure to know that he's being funny. Then again, hiring him saves on the cost to program a computerized laugh track. I understand he has a show on Comcast Sports Net. Nice place to be burried. Don't disturb the dead.

I can't see Kaplan leaving the coziness of WGN. He'd lose his inside access to the Cubs.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]