Thursday, January 06, 2005

Talk About Vanity!


IMDB has picked up the story behind the Star Wars reunion pic I posted a few days ago. The link goes to an interesting quote from George Lucas. He says, "I'm going to make movies nobody wants to see."

Well, George. For the last 9 years, you've done that. I mean, Radioland Murders, Tucker: The Man and His Dream, Willow, Howard the Duck, Labyrinth. Those were all movies nobody wanted to see.

Then, there's The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I can't speak for the fanboys out there who take drivel and like it (not unlike some Cubs' fans), but those were movies that I wanted to see, but, after seeing them, never wanted to see AGAIN.

I predict Lucas will be highly successful in this endeavor.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]