Thursday, February 03, 2005

Have Your Pencils and Scorecards Ready


I'm going out on a limb and assume that the Cubs won't acquire another front line position player until June when half that person's salary is paid and the Cubs can get said person on the cheap. Given that, here's my take on what would be a good lineup with the personnel they have.

1. Jerry Hairston LF
2. Todd Walker 2B
3. Nomar Garciaparra SS
4. Aramis Ramirez 3B
5. Jeromy Burnitz RF
6. Derrek Lee 1B
7. Corey Patterson CF
8. Michael Barrett C

I'm not thrilled wil four straight right handers and I only have Burnitz 5th because I want to use Lee to break up lefties Burnitz and Korey. If Lee was less of a strikeout artist, I'd bat him second.

If A-Ram continues to improve, he could move up to #3 with Lee sliding into #4 and Nomar sliding down to 5th. In that case, I'd move Korey to 8th and have Barrett be the righty between Korey and Jeromy.

Discuss.

:::Correction:::
Contrary to the source I used and in agreement with my memory, Todd Walker does hit lefty. Now the lineup looks nice with left-right balance at both ends of the order.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]