Thursday, February 24, 2005

Last Words


I should have finished my comments on Sammy Sosa long ago, but I can’t let this pass. At his Baltimore Orioles "Welcome to my New House" press conference yesterday, Sammy dropped this bomb:

"If I had known that leaving early last year would have caused such controversy, I would have never done it."

So, the problem wasn’t leaving early, the problem wasn’t running out on his teammates, the problem wasn’t sticking it to the fans who bought tickets to see him play. No. The problem was that he shouldn’t have done it to avoid the controversy. Had Sammy known leaving early was going to cause HIM such a problem, he wouldn’t have left. He didn't do anything wrong, he just caused himself a lot of stress.

Anyone out there still think this isn’t one of the most selfish members of the human species?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]