Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Whinny Cry Baby Cubs' Fan


Rick Morrissey today posts one of the worst columns I've ever read. In the column, he proceeds to profile a fan who was moved to tears, nay, 45 minutes of tears, by the Sammy Sosa trade.

The fan profiled is a 28 year old college graduate, an unmarried father, and a bartender. And he sobs uncontrollably at the trade of a declining, oft injured, aging prima dona entertainer who did a lousy job of entertaining in 2004. I won't waste time cutting this small man up as Andy Dolan does a much better job than I could.

Yet it must be said that Morrissey does a disservice by writing his column with an almost reverence. "I wish I had Chesson's zeal," pens Rick.

Rick, a person with "zeal" like that needs to be seeing a whole team of psychiatrists (hat tip to Terence Mann). Don't exalt this person. Make fun of him. God, I miss Mike Royko on days like this. He'd have shreded this man like bad cheese.

Slats Grobnik, please come back. Cubs Nation turns their lonely eyes to you.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]