Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"Round up the usual suspects."


The next big list, AFI's 100 Greatest Movie Lines, is out. Two lines from Jerry Maguire but only one from the Marx Brothers? Please.

I'm curious as to other people's favorites. Personally, I'm partial to:

19. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!", "Network," 1976.

20. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," "Casablanca," 1942.

35. "You're gonna need a bigger boat," "Jaws," 1975.

51. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?", "Dirty Harry," 1971.

64. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!", "Dr. Strangelove," 1964.

67. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine," "Casablanca," 1942.

and...

79. Striker: "Surely you can't be serious." Rumack: "I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley," "Airplane!", 1980.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]