Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Skiles Signs, Hot Dog Boy Thumps Chest


Normally, I listen to Roe Conn on my drive home. Yesterday, during a commercial break, at around 5:20 PM, I flipped over to ESPN 1000 (WMVP). Dan McNeil was just annoucing that sources had told them that Scott Skiles had just agreed to a four year extension of his contract with the Chicago Bulls.

I flipped over to WSCR to see if they already had the news. They were playing, for what had to be the 293rd time, a replay of an interview Skiles did with the Score's morning host. Hot Dog Boy was going on and on, bashing Skiles for not taking the deal. I don't listen to that guy so I flipped back to ESPN.

For the next 10 minutes or so, I kept flipping back and forth to see how long The Score was going to be scooped. The replayed interview just kept going and going. Finally, it ended and on came the afternoon hosts... with the morning guy!

Hot Dog Boy was told, "I guess you woke him (Skiles) up." The pride was oozing from Hot Dog Boy's voice. "I wear my heart on my sleeve" and other crap spewed from his facial orifice. He was actually taking credit for this!

It couldn't be that Skiles read the newspapers that morning, which also bashed him mercilessly. It couldn't be that he listened to radio callers on three stations the night before. It couldn't be that he realized that his agent is the brother of the agent representing Larry Brown and Skiles saw all the bad press that Brown got.

No. Had to be Hot Dog Boy's work.

What's worse? The listeners to his show will probably actually believe it.

:::UPDATE:::
WSCR has pieced together a promo for the morning show that attempts to reinforce this false belief. This cannot become a little Score Meme.

Hell. Hot Dog Boy probably got his talking points directly from Jerry Reinsdorf as there's been newspaper reports on how the Bulls want to move their radio rights to WSCR. Hot Dog Boy may simply have done Jerry's negotiating in a public forum!

Dollars to donuts bet that WSCR lands the Bulls' rights rather soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]