Monday, July 25, 2005

Strategery


Lotsa gabbing the AM on Jeromy Burnitz's bunt. Was it good strategy or not? Well, I don't really have a problem with Burnitz bunting as my expectations for him would be to ground into a double play leaving a runner on third with two outs and A Ram would have been walked intentionally, anyway. Regardless, taking the bat out of your #4 hitters hands is curious.

But that's not the biggest strategic error.

The REAL mistake in strategy is batting Burnitz BETWEEN Lee and A Ram! If there isn't a clearer signal for the need of another bat in this lineup, I don't know what is.

P.S. Was anyone else as disappointed in Barrett last night as I was? The way he's been walking, I thought he was going to force in a run for sure.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]