Friday, August 12, 2005

Why Bother?


I was gonna make a long diatribe about the insane comments that Dusty Baker made regarding Greg Maddux yesterday. Dusty suggested that Greg might retire in the offseason.

This was news to Greg.

"I really want to play out this year and I want to finish out strong. And I want to come back and play next year, as long as I feel like I can play this game. As long as I'm one of the best five guys we can put in the rotation, I'm looking forward to coming back." - Greg Maddux

Well, instead of writing on and on and questioning Dusty's motives, I'll just link to Barry Rozner. Rozner beat me to it.

Read the whole thing. The only part I disagree with is that part where it's likely Dusty's back for next year. I'm not as certain.

If Hendry has any smarts, he'll fire Dusty by not firing him. They'll find a position in the organization for him. Say, Special Assistant to the General Manager overseeing Long Range Scouting.

That will prevent Dusty from getting another job and double dipping his salary. If Dusty wants another job right away, he can resign.

Dusty wants out. Fine. Let him out. Give Hendry his $4 million back, first.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]