Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Opposites


Many people think that the opposite of love is hate. That's not true as hate still requires passion. To my Sox friends who hate the Cubs, I always ask them, "Why do you care? Or even know what the Cubs are doing?" The real opposite of love is indifference. Total lack of interest.

Well, the Suntimes reached the indifference level with the Cubs today. As well they should. Instead of puff pieces on how Nomar is willing to return to play short, second, left, or bat boy, the Suntimes publishes this minimalist piece on its web site.

No notes. No quotes. Just a few facts about this two game series.

I have a ticket for tonight and am supposed to go as a guest of the Brother In-Law. Unfortunately, I've also come down with the cold that the Three Year old and the Soon-to-be-One Year Old Little Girl has. And SHE, with her cold and incoming molars, kept me up until 1:30 AM.

Perhaps the best way to say good bye to this season is to blow off the game. Total indifference.

That would be appropriate.

Eh. I'll make up my mind after lunch.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]