Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Quote This


Check today's Dusty Baker quote from today's Daily Herald:

"I look at ourselves as trying to win ballgames and finish above .500. I do owe it to baseball. I do owe it to the Phillies, Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals. I owe it to them to put my best lineup out there. Everybody says, 'Play the kids, play the kids.' I’ve got seven games against Houston." - Dusty Baker

Anyone notice who is conspicuously missing from that list?

The fans.

You owe it to "baseball"? You owe it to the people who pay your salary. That's the fans. Yeah, if Houston hasn't clinched, you should play your best players and not Ryan Theriot.

BUT YOU AREN'T PLAYING HOUSTON RIGHT NOW!!!! OR THE PHILLIES, MARLINS, OR NATIONALS!!!

If Andy MacPhail and Jim Hendry allow this man to return to the Cubs next year, it's a big middle finger to the fans.

Remember that if and when you decide to buy tickets for 2006.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]