Friday, September 09, 2005

Thumbs Down


In today's Tribune, Terry O'Bannon makes his first picks of the season for each NFL game. Under the Seahawks-Jaugars matchup, Terry writes that this is a "Matchup of two AFC playoff contenders."

Now, I don't watch nearly as much football as I used to, but even I know that the Seahawks are now an NFC team.

I Guess That Puts Dusty In the "Spike" Role


MeowSaw about 5 minutes of last night's Cubs game from SBC Park. Any regular reader will know what part I just-so-happened to be lucky enough to watch. I see that there's this guy on first base taking a big lead. Since the camera angle was from above the thrid base dugout, the shot showed very clearly the runner, his lead off first base, and the pitcher.

This runner was also, very clearly leaning towards second. You could see his right knee bent so that his weight was shifted in a way to help him make his break.

Well, a quick throw over to first and this guy had his ass back on the bench. It so obvious that it was funny. Not in a pathetic way, truly funny. It was as amusing as the old Tom & Jerry cartoons where Tom is chasing Jerry and Jerry lays a rake on the ground. You know that five seconds later Tom's going to step on it a whack himself in the face. When it happens I still laugh. Doesn't matter that the joke has been telegraphed. Doesn't matter that I've seen the same cartoon over and over. I still laugh.

Laughing right at you, Korey.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]