Thursday, November 03, 2005

All Crazy In Chicago


Morning Drive radio time is about to get more interesting with the return of Jonathan Brandmeier to WLUP. Johnny B. was a staple of the high school and post-college days. His teaming with Buzz Killman was great radio, Chet Chit Chat used to be hilarious, and I once nearly crashed into a parked car after hearing a friend of mine get into an on-air fight with Johnny. My friend threatened to sue Johnny over a "Date Recorder" segment on which my friend's voluntarily gave out his home phone number.

Yeah Baby!Will his new show be any good now that Johnny is nearing 50? Will Bruce Wolf still entertain with the lobotomy line on sports? I dunno.

I'm more interested if this will give us more opportunities to see the New Loop Rock Girl, Erica Gustafson. They show plenty of her posing with a few microphones back on WLUP's web site.

Can she live up to the legacy of 1970's original Loop Girl, siren Lorelei Shark? That may be more interesting than Johnny's actual show.
Remember me from Rocky Horror?
I still vote for Lorelei. But Erica has a few things in her favor.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]