Monday, February 20, 2006

The News is Just Gushing In


In lieu of new news as to how a sore throat can have Mark Prior behind schedule, we must look elsewhere for stuff on which to converse and commiserate.

Marquis "Gus" Grissom seems to think he can get some playing time substituting for Juan Pierre and Jacques Jones:

"With Juan and Jacque being left-handed, I'll pick those guys up whenever I get a chance," Grissom said. "Just come off the bench and do what I have to do, whether it's pinch-run, defense, pinch-hit. Anything to help the team win. When I get a chance to start, I want to produce and put up some numbers."

While the sentiment is nice, let's hope he's not subbing for Pierre too much. Pierre has a habit of not missing games. He hasn't missed a game in 3 years. Let's hope he doesn't start now.

And a nice dose of reality from Derrek Lee:

"I don't think we jump out at you as a great team on paper," first baseman Derrek Lee said, "but we're balanced enough to play well over a period of time."

Sorry, Derrek. While I agree in theory, unless the period of time is 162 games, it doesn't matter too much.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]