Sunday, April 16, 2006

Not Heaven Today


If you haven't seen the tornado damage in Iowa City, take a look at this picture of the downtown Pedestrian Mall. Then, check the photoblog of Cullen Garvey, "Nothing to see here, carry on."

Not a lot of drinking tonight.

I lived in this city for four years when I was a undergraduate college student at the University of Iowa. The track of the tornado seems to have passed several places I lived and destroyed several places I frequented. One place that seems to have been spared is the house pictured below:



Fans of the old comic strip "Bloom County" may recognize this house as the Bloom County Boarding house where Opus, Bill the Cat, Portnoy, Steve Dallas, and Milo Bloom all lived. I lived right across the street from this house.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to all affected.

Comments:
That's not the Bloom County house...it's just down the street from it though.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]