Thursday, April 06, 2006

Off Day Question


Recently, I purchased a slide scanner. Back in the late 70's/early 80's all my father shot were slides on his old Cannon AE-1 SLR. Viewing them now is nearly impossible. So, in order to catalog what we have, we got the scanner.

In going through 1979, I discovered these pics I took with my father at a game that summer. I'm trying to identify the game and the players in the pictures. Here's what I know about that day.

The game was some time after school ended for the year and before my mid-August birthday. I believe the opponent is the Giants. The last thing I recall is that this was "Picture Day." Back then, that meant you could go on the field and stand behind a rope and take snapshots of the players. No getting in the picture with them or autographs, just shots of Mike Krukow standing there. Gee... what fun ideas that marketing department had.

If it is the Giants, via Retrosheet, I've narrowed the game down to six dates: June 1st, June 2nd, June 3rd, August 14th, August 15th, or August 16th. I have no idea what players are in which pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyway, here are the pics. Click on the pics to see them full size. Thanks in advance.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]