Thursday, May 18, 2006

Back From The Park


One game note first: No, Neifi isn't the dumbest person on the planet. Dusty Baker is for saying that Neifi's bunt was a smart play (note: If Dusty's saying this to the media and chewing out Neifi in the locker room, then Neifi is the biggest dumbass).

Now to the good of the day.

Well...

The seats were good. I passed on a chance to meet George Will who was at the souvenir shop at the south east side of Clark and Addison at around 12:45 PM. I did get a chance to talk to David Kaplan of WGN (he's helping a charity I volunteer for). I ran into a high school girl in the next aisle and didn't get arrested. I only spent $23.75 in the park. And, I think I met a good, long term business prospect.

Other than that, there wasn't much to cheer about after the top of the first. The entire ballpark was pretty much a good place to catch up on some sleep. Certainly the crowd wasn't making any noise to wake you up.

Are Cub fans are getting apathetic? Do you hear that lack of noise, John McDonough?

This could be a long, silent year.

Might be the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]