Friday, May 05, 2006

Getting Snarky


Check this line from the Daily Herald's Bruce Miles:

Cubs pitcher Mark Prior somehow gutted out a session of "long toss" and a brief period of pitching from flat ground Thursday at Chase Field.

"Somehow?" Sounds like Mr. Miles is adding a little editorial commentary sneak into his writing.

Given that this is sports and not hard news, let's see more of that!

The rest of the article is amazing for it actually quotes a live Mark Prior. What e says makes me conclude he's preparing for his post-baseball career by practicing comedy:

"(I had) food poisoning, flu, one or the other," Prior said with a smile of resignation. "They ran some tests, but I haven't heard back."

Do MRI's show flu or food poisoning?

"I was right there at the cusp of trying to get into some simulated games and moving forward in progression.

Now, I think (my return is) backed up to the latter part of this month, but I definitely think it's possible."

Great! I'm certainly, probably, optomistic that we'll ssee him again!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]