Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Let's See If I Understand This


Wind blowing in and Greg Maddux gives up four dingers?

I go to the bleachers last night and the one person who would probably love to shove a frosty malt in my face was in New York?

Dusty Baker says that all he wants is his team back and to see what he can do, then his current players go out and sleepwalk through games. If my boss told me I was just holding a desk until I could be replaced, wouldn't I be a lazy ass, too?

If there were 39,000 people at Wrigley Field last night, then about 10,000 of them were dressed as empty seats? In the fifth inning? When all the late-arrivers are supposed to have arrived?

If the goal of golf is to hit the ball as few times as possible, wouldn't it be ideal not to play at all?

The Batter's Eye Suite seats 200 people at $200 per head? No wonder it was converted mid-stream from restaurant to $40,000 per night private club.

The Cubs now get potentially $3,240,000 in new revenue from what used to be shrubbery and the payroll went DOWN? And Rafael Furcal was TOO PRICEY?

When Derrek Lee calls out the team for not showing up, isn't he calling out his manager?

The Cubs players and coaches don't show up for games, but 39,000 fans who DO?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]