Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Quote


At this point, when Dusty Baker speaks, all you do is shake your head:

Manager Dusty Baker wanted little part of comments made by Cubs Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg, who lamented Monday that teams had gotten away from regular infield practice.

"I'm not the one who invented it; don't ask me," Baker said. "We took infield (when Baker was a player). I didn't like taking it back then, but we took it. Why they don't take it, I really don't know. I can't answer that."

Should they go back to it?

"Sometimes," Baker replied. "Especially on new stadiums."

If only there were a job on a major league team that could order players to practice? Scott Eyre must be grinning from ear to ear.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]