Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Get used to it, kid."


Smiles?  For what's inside?  Please...That's exactly what the man in whose garage we parked said to The Four Year Old as we got back in the car to go home. By used to it, I hope the guy meant the losing and not the seats.

So, I'm a stinking liar. When I said it would be a long time before I took The Four Year Old for his first Cubs' game, I really figured it would be at least to next season. But, two weeks?

Then again, the real reason was that it was impossible to turn down these freebies. Section 19 is directly behind home plate. Row 6 is now 9 rows off the field with the addition of the Premium Rows A, B, and C last year.

For the third time this year, I stepped into Wrigley Field. For the third time this year, I witnessed a loss. But, for the first time this year, boredom set in after the second inning.

Dad?  Who is this guy ''Andy Frain'' and why is he about to bash your head with a small baseball bat?That Friday game may have been the most boring sporting event I've ever attended in person, golf excluded.

Then again, being so close that you could smell Tim Mcclelland's deodorant was... Well, the view was good.

True item: The people in the seats behind us said The Four Year Old and The Seven Year Old were dead ringers for Matt Murton.

If they only knew what Google would turn up!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]