Thursday, June 09, 2016

And Now For Something Completely Reversed...

The Dead Cardinals Sketch

The cast:

MR. HRABOSKY
BROADCASTER SHANNON

The sketch:

A customer enters a pet shop.

Mr. Hrabosky: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(Broadcaster Shannon does not respond.)

Mr. Hrabosky: 'Ello, Miss?

Broadcaster Shannon: What do you mean "miss"?

Mr. Hrabosky: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Broadcaster Shannon: We're closin' for lunch.

Mr. Hrabosky: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this baseball team what I watched not half an hour ago from this very stadium.

Broadcaster Shannon: Oh yes, the, uh, the Cardinal Red...What's, uh...What's wrong with it?

Mr. Hrabosky: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'Ere dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Broadcaster Shannon: No, no, 'Ere uh,...ere resting.

Mr. Hrabosky: Look, matey, I know a dead team when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Broadcaster Shannon: No no ere not dead, ere, ere restin'! Remarkable team, the Cardinal Red, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Mr. Hrabosky: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Broadcaster Shannon: Nononono, no, no! 'Ere resting!

Mr. Hrabosky: All right then, if ere's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the batting cage) 'Ello, Mister Grichuk! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you show...

(Broadcaster Shannon hits the cage)

Broadcaster Shannon: There, he moved!

Mr. Hrabosky: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!

Broadcaster Shannon: I never!!

Mr. Hrabosky: Yes, you did!

Broadcaster Shannon: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Hrabosky: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO YADI!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes team out of the cage and thumps it on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Mr. Hrabosky: Now that's what I call a dead team.

Broadcaster Shannon: No, no.....No, ere stunned!

Mr. Hrabosky: STUNNED?!?

Broadcaster Shannon: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Cardinal Reds stun easily, major.

Mr. Hrabosky: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That team is definitely deceased, and when I watched it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged energy burst from Kolten Wong being sent down.

Broadcaster Shannon: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

Mr. Hrabosky: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that? Look, why did they fall flat on their back the moment they got home?

Broadcaster Shannon: The Cardinal Red prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable team, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Mr. Hrabosky: Look, I took the liberty of examining that team when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in First Place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Broadcaster Shannon: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that team down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its bat, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Hrabosky: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this team wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'Ere bleedin' demised!

Broadcaster Shannon: No no! 'Ere pining!

Mr. Hrabosky: Ere not pinin'! Ere passed on! This team is no more! He has ceased to be! Ere expired and gone to meet 'is maker! Ere's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'Ere rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'em to the perch 'ere'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! Ere off the twig! Ere kicked the bucket, Ere shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-TEAM!!

(pause)

Broadcaster Shannon: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (He takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of teams.

Mr. Hrabosky: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Broadcaster Shannon: I got a Cub.

(pause)

Mr. Hrabosky: Pray, does it play the Cardinal Way?

Broadcaster Shannon: Nnnnot really.

Mr. Hrabosky: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Broadcaster Shannon: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

Mr. Hrabosky: Well.

(pause)

Broadcaster Shannon: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place?

Mr. Hrabosky: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

Comments:
You made an article that is interesting.
clipping path service
 

The information given by you is really very helpful. Footwear photo editing services
Background Removal Service
clipping path service

 
My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were also not good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Pedro   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email &  That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Pedro VIA    Email /  Whatsapp +18632310632   pedroloanss@gmail.com  to resolve your financial mess.  

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]